“My behavior is a product of my own conscious choices based on principles, rather than a product of my conditions, based on feelings.”

Stephen Covey

Friday, February 7, 2014

Reason why I chose to do a blog like this...

My reasoning for doing such a blog is not for the benefit of me, sharing information about my personal life day to day (not saying that's bad, that's why most blogs are made and that's great), but for the benefit of others in gaining more knowledge or even just expanding their perspective. I have learned so much about how crucial choices are in our life, not only because of my own life experiences but because of others and from the knowledge I've gained from my degree (marriage and family studies) and from church. And what ALWAYS comes with choices?... consequences. I hear, see, and experience too much of the opposite to the truth that consequences come from choices, even the smallest ones. I hear songs that encourage thinking about only the "hear and now" or "we might not be here tomorrow" so we do what we want. Dangerous mindset and I'll explain why in future posts. I see so many advertisements of T.V shows that promote lots of sexual activity with multiple partners before marriage (IF marriage is even in the picture for the future) that's the normal thing....but do they show the physical, emotional, psychological, and spiritual consequences to such choices? Of course not! Not very many would do it if they showed the truth! And heck the truth isn't fun right? But all the unhealthy practices for our overall well-being apparently are?
There are good and bad consequences to all choices and depending on the choice it will lean more towards one or the other. My goal with this blog is to do four things: 1) Share the impact of choices made leading to catastrophes that happened throughout history 2) Share examples of choices that are "popular" that we all see and hear today and the consequences that follow 3) How certain choices can build and strengthen relationships and some can ruin relationships without even knowing it 4) The beauty of agency and what it truly means to have it freely.
I've never done a blog before but I hope that it will help all of you that CHOOSE to read it =)